It's the start of a new year and you may be thinking that this is the year you'll finally make your next big move. But where do you start? Here are a few budget friendly ideas that will help you get your home ready to hit your local real estate market.
1. De-personalize photos, closets, bathroom counters, etc. Buyers can often find it difficult to visualize themselves in your home if it is full of your personal posessions.
2. De-clutter - this includes closets & cupboards! Keep storage areas clean and clutter free so that buyers can see how large the space is.
3. Clean EVERYTHING - steam clean carpets, wash walls & floors, wipe down mirrors & windows, clean grout, dust moldings & ceiling fans, polish appliances, etc. Need I say more? Everyone loves a clean and well maintained house! This will increase the desirability of your home and show well in professional photos and video.
4. Patch & repair any holes, cracks or leaks. Has there been a hole in your wall from a shelf or picture frame removal that you've been meaning to fill? Now is the time to get that fixed!
5. Choose neutral colours. If you have the time to paint, it is a small investment that goes a long way. Dark and crazy coloured walls can often be a turn-off to potential buyers, especially if they are looking for a space that is turn-key ready, and a fresh coat of neutral paint can make the world of a difference. Changing out throw pillows and curtains is also a great way to compliment the new walls.
6. Rearrange existing furniture to create more space and open up the room. The way your furntiure is arranged right now may fit your family's lifestyle, but may not be the optimum design for the space. Keep hallways open, remove big bulky furniture and try not to block any natural light coming in.
7. Stage - It’s time to make the space look warm & inviting! The final step of getting your home ready for the real estate market is having it professionally staged. A staged home always shows better, especially if the home is vacant.
If you need help with any of the items above, please don't hesitate to reach out! As your REALTOR®, I have a network of connections who offer these professional services. There may even be some that I can help with myself!
Connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-846-8299 before your first step!